The concept of a student-led project does not equate to the teacher being redundant and the students free to do what they like.
The role of the teacher is to:
- Help coordinate and mentor students.
- Ensure that students work within all relevant school policies.
- Ensure that the students’ project has been appropriately planned with OH&S and student well-being taken into account.
- Ensure the plan has been fully scrutinised by all relevant parties and modifications made before students start their project.
- Provide students with the relevant assessment task on which they will be assessed against the learning outcomes or standards identified by the teacher.