Ausmepa Home » Students » Student research » Pests » Hull fouling » Science and industry
Scientific and industry actions
Scientific actions Examples:
- The CSIRO provides information through the Centre for Research on Introduced Marine Pests, which includes the National Introduced Marine Pests Information System.
- University research contributes valuable scientific knowledge of pest species biology and ecology eg University of Tasmania.
- Double Helix Drama, a science theatre group for upper primary and secondary students who turn science into drama through researching, writing and performing their own science theatre productions.
- Several private companies also provide marine research and other services in support of the National System.
Industry actions Examples
- Australian ship owners have provided several ships to enable paint patch trials to be undertaken to test various new anti fouling paints.
- Education materials about hull fouling are being developed by the Australian Ship owners Association in collaboration with the Department of Environment and Heritage.