School and public systems are not the best place to store images over many years. Even home computers will not last 10 years.
Preparing a backup:
- Place all material into a single file. The name of the file should include three items of information
- General location.
- Photo survey.
- In the file have a Read Me First document. In the document include:
- Background to your photo survey project.
- Method used to take photographs.
- What group put the photo survey together.
- Information about how locations have been recorded.
- How to use the filing system of images.
- What is planned in the future with your photo survey.
- Contact details for more information. (This must comply with your school policy.)
- The location of the computer system that has the original and future updated work.