Nominations are sought for the AUSMEPA Environmental Award 2010/2012
Thursday, 21 July 2011
The Board of the Australian Marine Environment Protection Association is seeking nominations for the AUSMEPA Environmental Award for 2011/2012.
The AUSMEPA Environment Award is presented to worthy recipients to recognise and promote achievements, innovation and best practice in minimising marine pollution and the protection of the marine environment. The AUSMEPA Environmental Award can be awarded to individuals, community groups, businesses and government agencies or departments. Nominations are sought from the environmental community as well as business and other organisations. Nominations should be submitted to the AUSMEPA Executive Director, PO Box 4282, HAWKER, ACT 2614 with an electronic copy to email@example.com by 30 September 2011.
Nominations for the Environmental Award must meet the following criteria:
In its actions to prevent pollution of the marine environment or remediate a polluted marine environment the project or activity must:
The AUSMEPA Board will review all nominations that generally meet the required criteria. Details of the Environmental Award 2010/2011 can be seen at:
- demonstrate innovation and a proactive approach;
- provide a long term, sustainable solution to a particular issue or issues;
- demonstrates actions that go beyond legal compliance or beyond actions that are representative of the reasonable duties of a portfolio or position;
- be a significant achievement or contribution to reducing marine pollution and/or enhancing the protection of the marine environment;
- the nominee should be based and operate in Australia and the benefits must be to the Australian marine environment.