Primary School Resources
To enrich your units of work about marine environmental issues the following four project posters are available on request to email@example.com.
- Poster 1 Our Beach, their backyard
- Poster 2 Sea creatures at risk
- Poster 3 Club activities
- Poster 4 Working at sea
Teachers may wish to form a Marine Club in their school and use the project posters to interest and inspire club members with activity ideas. The activities can be done in class as part of a unit of work on the sea, as a lunchtime activity, as an out of class activity for a school community project or as personal individual actions.
The suggested activities will:
- encourage school involvement and interest in the marine environment and its conservation by creating opportunities for school and community groups
- introduce children to the world of ships and maritime industries
- undertake a wide variety of marine conservation and fun activities such as awareness of the marine environment and practical conservation.
Marine Literacy Kit
The printed version of the Kids and Water Marine Literacy Kit has been highly successful over a number of years. It is now available from the AUSMEPA website as a free online resource. There are a total of 18 titles covering all levels of primary school. There are also four comprehensive teacher resource activity books that will extend students’ literacy into SOSE and science. They are non fiction and creatively designed with many exquisite photographs and illustrations. The Kit is completely Australian and covers a wide range of marine topics of interest to children. This literacy kit fills some of the large gaps in non-fiction titles.
Students will read the books online. Teachers will be able to use a digital projector as an alternative to a big book. The four comprehensive teacher resource activity books can also be viewed on line or if you would like hard copies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter Marine Literacy Kit Site