What to do:
- Think through design around
positive and negative spaces and methodology for carving.
- Look at your leaf (leaves)
and consider the architecture of the leaf. How can you maintain the structure
of the leaf and still bring your design through it.
- Draw your design on piece of
- Cut the negative spaced
shapes away from the design
- Place your leaf on a suitable
- Place paper over the leaf
and mark your design onto the leaf
- Take your cutting
implement and trace the pattern as you have marked it, checking to see
- that the shape is
following your original design or alter to suit as you go along
- Experiment with cutting
methods to get your best result
- When cutting is complete,
paint the leaf with liquid paraffin.
- Experiment with what works at
- Think outside the box when
looking for solutions in your design or delivery methods
- Begin again if you must and
remember to stop before you have gone too far.
Record progress and results:
- notes are helpful
- photos are essential
- videos to make the project